Contained in the BHHA Collection are a wide variety of items, including this land grant. This Central Military Tract land grant was issued to William Bradley of New York on May 6, 1818 and signed by President James Monroe. Mr. Bradley was a private during the War of 1812. For his service, he was given 160 acres in Henry County, Illinois. This acreage is located in the northeast corner of Section 18 in Weller Township, west of the future Bishop Hill Colony, shown below.