As 2014 begins, we would like to take a look back and review all the wonderful things accomplished by the BHHA from January to June 2013:
- Former Illinois Governor Jim Edgar’s visit to Bishop Hill in March, hosted by the Heritage
- Toy Tractor display during Spring Jubilee
- The Astrid Lindgren Festival during the month of April.
- Quilt display in the Steeple Building and Blacksmith Shop in May.
- Bishop Hill visit by Swedish governors, university presidents, and folkfiddlers on May 31, hosted by the BHHA. The folkfiddlers also did a public musical performance.
- “Rarely Seen Treasures from the Attic” and the “Colony to Community, the Story of New Sweden” exhibits beginning in June
- Midsommer Festival June 22, cosponsored by the Heritage
All these activities, and much more, would not be possible without our volunteers, BHHA members, and donors. Tomorrow, we will do a quick review of the 2nd half of 2013.