Prepare for the holidays by attending Julmarknad, or Christmas Market, in Bishop Hill. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. November 23-25 and December 1- 2. The attractions include Swedish folk characters, traditional Swedish holiday decorations, and Christmas gifts for sale.
- See Tomten, our Swedish elves, roam through the town, shaking hands with tourists, looking through windows, and peeking around corners in their red and grey outfit.
- The exhibit “Locomotives, Depots, Trestles, and Bishop Hill” will be on display in the Steeple Building. This exhibit includes a working model railroad for the kids and artifacts about Bishop Hill’s railroad past.
- A Christmas Cookie Walk will be held Fri. Nov. 24 and Sat. Nov. 25 only at the Colony School. Homemade cookies and baked goods can be purchased by the pound. Hours are 9 am to 4 pm.
- Also this year, children can visit with Santa on Saturday, November 25th at the historic Blacksmith Shop from 11 am to 2 pm sponsored by the Prairie Arts Center.
- A Chocolate Walk will be held Sat. Dec. 1 and Sun. Dec. 2 only. Purchase quality chocolates by the pound at the Steeple Building. Hours are 10 am to 5 pm.