Looking for stocking stuffers? Then please consider some of these following items from the Colony Store in Bishop Hill:
- 2014 Bishop Hill Calendars are on sale for $6 each. The theme is transportation.
- Handmade clay marbles are being sold for $5 per bag.
- Midwest Folklife Festival music CD is now being sold for a special holiday price of $15.
- Colony Store Kids T-shirts: What a “swede” idea! These cute t-shirts come in assorted colors and sizes and feature the adorable saying pictured: “I waited in line for Swedish Fish at The Colony Store.” 100% cotton. $10.99 each
The above items can be purchased online, by calling the Colony Store at 309 927-3596, or by visiting the Store. If you order online, BHHA members receive 2 free gifts (members just use your code from your membership renewal letter) while everyone else receives one free gift.
If you are dropping by the Colony Store, don’t forget to check out these items:
- Christmas broomcorn/sorghum door swags for $7 each.
- Swedish birdfeeders for $15 each
- Also, as a Dairy Building Restoration Project fundraiser, the Heritage is selling small dairy buckets of candy, complete with a cow bell, chocolates, and Dairymaid caramels.
- The BHHA is also raffling off a handmade oak medicine cabinet made by a local Colony descendent. It is 28″ high, 20″ wide and 7″ deep and can be hung on a wall. Raffle tickets cost $1 each or 6 for $5.
Proceeds from the Colony Store help fund the activities of the Bishop Hill Heritage Association, including the restoration of Colony Buildings. So, not only would you be giving someone a great gift, but you would also be helping us to preserve this pre-Civil War historic village.
Have a Happy Holiday from the Bishop Hill Heritage Association!